Saturday, November 24, 2007

respect

respect: "I fail to see how getting a cup of coffee for our boss or a client in any way diminishes us as persons. In my opinion the person who deserves no respect is the one who thinks he/she is too good for such menial tasks."

I totally disagree with this statement. It's a new age, and lawyers "of a certain age" (as well as their legal secretaries) are on the way out...I will not get a cup of coffee for any attorney. Fuck that. I'll support them in any other way possible, but get a cup of coffee for them? Uhm...I don't think so.

The legal secretary who wrote that I deserve no respect for thinking I'm too good for such a menial task as getting a cup of coffee is a dinosaur. This is why nobody wants to grow up to be a legal secretary anymore...that's what their perception of the position is. I want to be a legal secretary - and I want respect, which I am earning, but if someone wants a cup of coffee they can get it their damn self.

No comments: