Sunday, May 02, 2004

Pancakes at 2 AM

It is 2 hours into my middle son's - Grande - 13th birthday and I'm making pancakes - yes, at 2am. I am so tired and I have like 400 pancakes to go. I just burnt the shit out of my ring finger and I can't get the pancake to make a heart shape no matter how heart I fucking try. Well, at least they're edible mistakes. And they don't taste half bad considering I actually had to find a recipe online to make "real" pancakes.

I can't believe he's 13 already, it seems like it was just yesterday when he was born and oh my God it was such a beautiful morning that day. 5am my water broke and 3 1/2 hours later he was born - easy, mellow, no drama, pretty much the way his character developed over the years, come to think of it.

Yep, I'm going to be here all night making these pancakes. I don't care - I wish I could give him something awesome, some big stack of presents in the morning when he wakes up. We're only going to have a little cake and one present for him tonight, but I am going to make his favorite dinner, too - spaghetti - no big deal, thankfully. Tall's favorite food is lasagna, glad I don't have to make that.

If I had endless amounts of money, Grande would wake up on his birthday and it would be someplace cool - like, on an airplane and I'd not tell him where we were going, we'd land on some awesome little island in - like Hawaii or something, someplace just for kids - waterparks and themeparks and I'd not have any anxiety or panic attacks taking him to all of those places. We'd go to dinner and of course he'd order spaghetti, but then they'd bring a giant cake out on a cart that had, like, sparklers or something in it - like you see in movies - and the whole restaurant would sing for him and then clap - then after dinner I'd give him a giant pile of presents and take a million pictures .... SHIT, I just burnt that batch of pancakes.

I really shouldn't have the computer in the kitchen.

Well, guess I'll go FOCUS on this. :)


No comments: