Tuesday, February 28, 2006

End of February

I don't know how it's already the last day of February. I feel like we just had Christmas, but that was 2 months ago already. Time flies.

My nephew, Nada Decaf, is coming to live with us. We're going to pick him up at the airport on Saturday night. I'm really excited about it, but worried a little about the drive over there. I've been trying to make money so that we could rent a minivan or something that would hold our whole family, as well as to rent a hotel room for the night so that Nada Decaf can be shown around Decaf City the next day. It sucks that he's getting in so late at night, and that it will be dark. At this point I'll be lucky just to be able to scrounge up the money to take him for dinner. I really wanted him to see the city in the daytime since we actually live outside of it, and I'm not sure when we'll get over there again. The ferry costs a lot of money.

Grande Decaf has been in a bad mood a lot lately, and he won't talk to me about why. I wish he wasn't so mad at everyone all the time. I don't know if he's mad because Nada Decaf is moving in with us, or what. He just won't tell me. He hasn't gone out and applied for any jobs yet, either. He just pretty much hangs out at home and watches movies - and when it's time for his weekly school check-in he rushes to get the work done. He goes again tomorrow to check in with his advisor. I think he's doing pretty well with school, although we haven't gotten a report card or anything like that.

Tall Decaf is doing fine. He seems excited about some girl he knows from online that lives in the state we used to live in 6 years ago. He's growing so fast. 2 months and he'll be 15. Time flies. He's as big, or bigger, than most full grown men.

Short Decaf is wonderful. He's totally 3, but I just love him more and more every day. I have got to get that kid potty trained, though.

I'm still getting up early to make breakfast and clean up the house, but I've been going back to bed. It's insane to get up at 5 o'clock and then try to get everything done by 8.

My diet is going well - still. I'm surprised I'm still on it, but I like losing weight. Low carb isn't hard at all. I don't miss much of anything most of the time, and I'm down 25.5 pounds. I feel really good about that. Venti is down even more. I'm really proud of him. I reached one of my mini-goals, and my next goal is in 16.5 pounds. I was hoping to reach that before April when my sister comes out to visit, but I don't think I will. I'll probably only lose another 5 or 10 pounds by then if I'm lucky. Not that I'm cheating or anything - it's just that the weight loss has slowed down so dramatically now.

March 3rd will mark 2 full months on the diet, and like I said, I'm pleased with how much I've lost. If I could keep up this pace I'd be at goal in no time...although I know you can't keep up the dramatic weight loss of the first few weeks for very long.

Well, lots to do today - but first - going back to bed. :)

No comments: