Friday, February 24, 2006

Missing Obituary on the Internet

Dwayne Joseph Clemens
January 30, 1990
son of Donald Junior CLEMENS, M (10 July 1926-14 August 2004) & Arabelle Emma GOTTSHALK, F (22 March 1928-), in Campbelltown, PA. Born on 3 November 1951 in Pottstown, PA. Dwayne Joseph died in Campbelltown, PA, on 30 January 1990; he was 38. Occupation: Teacher at Cedar Crest High School (Lebanon, PA), MATH. Religion: Methodist. Served in the military.


He did a lot more than that, and so I'm not sure why he's not on the web more. That pisses me off.

He committed suicide by turning the car on in his garage.
I miss him a lot. He was my favorite teacher all through high school. I wanted to marry him or someone like him when I grew up - and I eventually did.
He once fucked up a landing while parachuting. He turned it into a fabulous, and funny, story.He called quizzes 'quizzicals' - which would make tests....well, figure it out. He never put the thought of adding 'icals' to the end of the word test - he just waited for it to happen, and it always did. Very funny.He told me I was capable of so much more. But he committed suicide. HE was capable of so much more.

He wore the UGLIEST pants to work; like dark gray polyester pants. I always thought that was the one thing I couldn't stand about him. However, I worked at a drug store when I was 16 and he came in for cigarettes or pipe tobacco or something - I don't remember, and he was wearing jeans and a really cool tweed hat. I guess his teacher wardrobe wasn't quite his favorite clothing either.

I think his full obituary should be on the Internet. This guy affected so many people so positively, and who cares what he did in his personal life to warrant his being turned into some sort of outcast even post-mortum. I learned more than math from him, and I know that many others did, too. This life shouldn't go unrecognized.

No comments: