Thursday, November 18, 2004

Local Restaurant Reviews are Fun to Do

So I went to dine.com and did a few restaurant reviews for my town - also visited a page that is specifically for my county and did restaurant reviews there. If you're ever totally bored with your life, have nothing better to do than wait for your laundry to dry, write restaurant reviews. It's hellish fun reading what others before you have said then making an ass out of them. One guy was pissed because there were kids and no wine at my absolute favorite family-restaurant, what a dick.

Why am I up at 5am I have no clue. Oh - that's right, waiting for my laundry to dry - but in about ten minutes I know I'm gonna cave in and say screw it, damn the wrinkles...I'm going the hell to bed.

It's such a slow week - and I want it to be over with so that Venti will start his vacation. Of course, next week is the family visit for Thanksgiving, but talking to Venti while the kids are passed out sleeping in the backseat of the car for 2 1/2 hours will make the whole trip worth it. I love talking to him because he's not stupid, boring, or an ass - plus he adores me, which is always a plus conversationally.

Thursday...ugh, only??? Well, tonight is my third Reiki class - one more after this and I'm certified, woohoo! Also, the Apprentice is on which is something I absolutely must watch. I love hearing myself think "Oh my God you people are so fucking STUPID!!!!" Then Venti says the same things I'm thinking and we talk about how much better we could do. But...not sure I'd want to work for The Donald, really - because I don't want to drive that butt-ugly car to work every day, the one that the winner got last year. (Can't remember the name...but it's that "thing" that looks like a pimped out milk delivery truck from the 50's.)

Drinking apple juice before you go to bed is stupid - it causes heartburn, I know this. Why am I drinking it?

Watched an older Bette Midler movie tonight called "That Old Feeling" - it had Dennis Farina in it, too - he's always fun to watch. But there was a guy who played the character Joey - Danny Nucci - I don't know why, but the dude just creeps me out. Because it's so close to payday, I bought another old movie off of ebay for .79 - it's the shipping that gets you - but anyway, it was Wag the Dog with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Dinero - the one where they fake a war or something like that to take the heat off the Prez for having an affair? I loved that movie - when I saw it was "Buy it Now" for so little I couldn't resist. How cool is that movie?? I forgot I wanted to add it to our collection but now the deed is done.

Oh my God I just forgot to breathe because I was so focused on typing that stupid paragraph and I had one of those "SHIT, I'm not breathing!!!" moments ... anyone who's a computer geek has had this happen, I'm sure. Always makes me feel like an idiot - how do you forget to breathe just because you're typing 120wpm??? DUH!!!

1 comment:

Staffordworks said...

I can't find your reviews on there. is there a delay for editing or something? would love to hear how you craftily trashed the places.