Tuesday, November 09, 2004

My Son Left Home

My son, Grande decaf, is incredible and wonderful - creative, bright, silly and handsome. He's 15 years old, about five weeks from his 16th birthday. A week ago he, out of the blue, decided that he would rather live with his Dad (and his new girlfriend) than me, his two brothers, and Venti, his step-dad....

Now, this of course has been extremely painful. I hurt inside and out from it, honestly. And the worst part is that I don't know how it happened, exactly. On October 29th, he was fine - he left to go up to PA for a visit with his dad and when he came back on Tuesday night, he told us he was moving out. Yes, told us. As if it were totally up to him. His attitude had changed, his body language had changed, he had learned to use new words in arguments such as "clinically depressed" and "an environment such as this." It was as though his father had commanded use of his body and my son wasn't actually "there" - but instead his awful father, my ex-husband. Oh, man, he was so hurtful...he brought up everything he could think of to hurt us - my panic attacks, our weight, the fact that our house isn't spotless like his dad's, he even had the nerve to say that Venti was clinically depressed! Where in the hell did he ever even get the idea that his stepfather was clinically depressed!? And since when did he start using language like that anyway!?!!

I miss him so much already - he moved out Wednesday night, same day Kerry gave up the fight for presidency. I have not heard from him since - no calls, no emails. I know he's gotten my emails, why hasn't he responded.

What do I do?


No comments: