Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2 Hours Into an 18 Month Diet

Well, Venti and I started the Atkins diet about 2 hours ago. He doesn't realize it because he's asleep at the moment, but I noticed it because I'm thirsty and had to drink water. I'm going to have to get used to drinking plain tea again. It's not so bad, though. So, the 18 month thing...Venti thinks that in a year we'll look hot, but that in 18 months we'll be beach-ready. I never even gave beach-ready a thought, to be honest. And really - who out there on the beach really thinks that they DO look awesome? I mean, it's pretty hard to be the least attractive person on the beach... That sounded mean - I didn't mean for it to...but my point is that hell, even if we looked "AVERAGE" we'd probably still not be mentally beach-ready. Anyway...yeah, we've got a long way to go, but at least we're in it together. That helps a lot.

I'm addicted to http://answers.yahoo.com I just love the damn thing for some reason. I love answering the questions - not asking. Someday I assume they'll fix the glitch where you can get points for giving your own answer a thumbs up when it was picked by the asker as "the best answer."

I currently have 279 points (and quite a few "best answers!) Ain't it cool? :)

Wow. Holy shit. Goddamn. I am SO glad the holidays are over with. They're stressful as hell when you don't have a lot of money. I think they're stressful anyway. I think I'm going to try to collect Christmas presents all through the year and tuck them away in my closet so that there's not much left to be done next December. Shopping is stressful.

We didn't do much in the way of running around for Christmas or New Year's Eve, though. Just a small party each night - and we didn't even stay until midnight on New Year's Eve because who wants to be out on the road after midnight with all the fucktards who are drunk and driving? Not us. Anyway, I was happy with how much (or little, really) that we did. Spending Christmas day at home doing nothing was pretty cool. I DID miss my sister a bit, and my mom, too I suppose.

I made a half-hearted resolution that I was going to get out of bed by 8am and be in bed by midnight every night. As you can see it's 2 AM so I've blown that resolution out of the water. Yeah well, I can try again tomorrow night I suppose.

Well, not too much to report other than that. Oh - the cold/flu I had is pretty much gone, as it is for everyone in my family, thankfully. I hate being sick. Glad it didn't last long!

No comments: