Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit = What Nourishes Me, Destroys Me.

Well, Angelina Jolie has that tattoo'd on her belly. I think that's a tad MUCH, but I think it's at least something to focus on when dieting. I'm sure I can think of a lot of thinks to either agree with or bitch about in it. Give me time.

I didn't cheat on the diet today and I drank enough water. Go me. I know Venti will comment on this, but I can not wait to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I lost any weight. Okay - here's the deal...if I haven't lost weight - or if I've gained weight - I WILL remind myself that it was DAY ONE, and to stick with it. If I've lost weight I'll do a happy dance. (And write it down as having exercised.) ha.

I watched the whole West Virginia mine survivors thing unfold on CNN tonight. I saw when the woman ran up to that guy and told him that it was a lie and that people should know...people should know that only one miner had survived. I saw the whole town fall apart. I saw people act idiotically - people who had no connection to the miners other than that they lived in the same town talking about suing. Sick fucks. I saw people who had a personal connection to the miners walking like zombies. I felt so bad for them. I felt bad for the man that owns the mining company, too. "Welcome to the worst day of my life." he said. He had tears in his eyes when he said it, and he wasn't even minimizing the family's grief...he said that there are 13 people who are having worse days than him right then. Yeah, I felt really bad for him.

I really, really, hate watching the news, and will try to avoid it from here on out the same as I have for years and years. I didn't even watch Katrina coverage except on the web. It just makes me too fucking depressed.

Oh - one thing I WILL say about this diet is that even on day one I had a TON more energy. I am a nap person. That is what I do. I nap a lot. Today I didn't feel the need to nap - and it must be a record, but I've now been up and AWAKE for 18 hours. Wow. That's like - a first for me in a LONG time. Up, not napping, by choice. Weird.

I also had another first - setting the oven on fire while broiling steaks. Thank God Venti was right there acting all "I know what to do" about it. I had the fire extinguisher in my hand, but didn't want to ruin eight steaks by using it...and Venti saved them. My hero :)

Well, to bed I go...and I'm not actually sleepy yet. I'll just dream that we hit the lottery (and yes - we played.)

No comments: