Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Miss Friends

It's only Thursday morning, but Thursday's used to be Friends night. Now all TV sucks, and especially since I found out on Sunday that they're cancelling The West Wing. Fuckers. Well, I guess we'll finally get to see if Josh and Donna get together. They damn well better.

The only other thing worth watching on TV, really, is The Office. I never saw the British version of it, but I surely do love this one. I can't believe how much I laugh at that show - it's so totally different - the looks the characters give the camera are just priceless. Very funny. Five Stars.

I've been watching American Idol, too. Still can't stop thinking that Simon Cowell is cute. I really like men who laugh and ... well, okay, stuck up a little bit. (so sue me.) Oh - yeah, I was just reminded of another guy that fits that bill - he was in ... shit, what movie was that - ..... some Christmas movie with Hugh Grant...(off to imdb.com I go....) Love, Actually. Yeah, that was it. The dude's name is Colin Firth.

I swear to God Short Decaf's little toy dump truck is possessed. You have to push a button or something to make it make these horrible noises, and three times tonight it's just decided to go off on it's own. It's freaking me out and pissing me off. I hate the sound of shrill little toys. Grrr. I think his Aunt got this one for him. Aren't aunties just wooooonderful??

So, anyway - I'm back down to 5mg of Lexapro. I just could not handle going up in dose. I don't know how I'll handle that with the PNP, but I doubt she'll be mad. Maybe there's a better medicine out there for me? I just don't know what to do about it.

I've finally lost a few pounds, too - putting my total at 10. I am feeling pretty good about that, and hoping that the scale is kind in the morning when I approach it once again.

Grande FINALLY allowed me to cut his hair. He really, really needed it. I just trimmed it, and thinned it, and okay - made it so I can see his eyes, but really .... I didn't take much off. He had a HUGE head of hair and we could NEVER see his eyes. Ever. It was starting to get creepy.

Well, I guess our town just got a little less small. Well - in 2 1/2 hours anyway. In 2 1/2 hours Home Depot will be having their Grand Opening. yee. haw. I'm not a fan, but Venti sure fucking loves that store. Wal-Mart will be opening their doors at the end of the month. There goes the neighborhood. And, although not an ugly Wal-Mart, I still don't know if I'll be able to step foot in it. It just reminds me of....'scummy'. Big gnarly packs of people clogging the aisles trying to save a quarter on bar soap....or scrambling to reach the bin of plastic lawn ornaments shapes like bees - complete with spinning wings. (puke puke puke)

I. Am. So. Tired.

So, Venti is taking some sort of class at work. Yeah, they pay for it. Yeah, he gets a certificate or something if he passes the exam. I'm sure he will. He's pretty damn smart. I think I'm jealous that he gets to take classes. Of course, I'm too panicky to sit in a roomful of people and take a class. I'll get over that someday, though.

My sweet, adorable, perfect Short Decaf is going to be three years old next week. How is that possible? Didn't I JUST give birth to him? I want to go to the grocery store and order him a really, really cute cake. He's going to love the candles. I don't know what presents to get him (other than his first birthday-underwear LOL.) Only a mom. Geez.

Tall Decaf doesn't seem to be doing much lately. He's reading a book called Ritual,
a book that examines the reasons for having all the various Celtic festival rituals and the traditions surrounding them, along with the framework for having Druid rituals to begin with. (yeah, I didn't write that.) I think the next thing he wants to get more knowledgeable on is Ogham. (Ogham is sometimes referred to as the "Celtic Tree Alphabet.") He's such a good kid - and I am totally interested in helping him develop whatever interests he's got. As long as it's not another fucking video game.

I think I might try my hand at making my own infused oils (for cooking.) They're so expensive to buy, but maybe I could make some decent ones for less. Although, I want to use olive oil and that's not inexpensive at all. I need SOME sort of hobby!!!! Why do they all seem to cost money? I really, really ought to make exercise my hobby. Get off my fat butt and "just do it."

Well - that's all I've got...still wish Friends would be on tonight ... but at least The Office will be. I think.

No comments: