Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Atkins is Working

As of yesterday morning I was down 7 pounds. That's in one week. I think that's pretty fucking good. Well - then again, if my scale was off - it might only be a 5-pound loss, but that's okay, too. I hate weighing myself - it's so fucking emotional.

I'm worried about you Xeno. Write to me, dammit.

Not sure which direction Venti and I are going to take with this whole buying a house venture. I think we should move cautiously even though I desperately want a house. I just don't want to rush into it and be unhappy for the next ten years because we didn't take our time. I know we have to move out of here by the end of July, but even getting an apartment will give us time to get our shit together, work out a savings plan and a budget, and be better prepared for buying a house when the right one comes along. Like Venti said tonight - maybe we should sink some money into a financial advisor and just say straight out that 'hey, look - neither of us have our fathers anymore so could you just kind of fill in that role and tell us where we're going wrong, and what to do about it?' I don't know - it's something to think about.

I will say that just thinking about buying a house is stressful. Owning one - yes, a dream come true, but the process sucks if you have very little to no money, as well as not exactly stellar credit.

No comments: